Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Donation day!

Yesterday I took most of my items to the Safe Harbor resale shop to donate! The resale shop is very similar to Goodwill in terms of merchandise for sale and prices, although the shop lets Safe Harbor clients and their children shop for free. Furthermore, most of the employees are volunteers and all of the shop profits go to benefit the Safe Harbor organization. If you're interested, more information can be found at their website

I packed a box with two baby blankets, five child hats, three dishcloths, a scarf, a cowl, and a pair of baby booties. Since all donations to Safe Harbor are tax-deductible, they gave me a receipt for my donation. I have several items still sitting at school that I didn't have room to bring home, and I'm planning to donate those over spring break or during the summer. I really enjoyed bringing my donations to the store; the employee I talked to was very happy to get them. It feels like I'm really making a difference to this organization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment