Thursday, January 16, 2014

Effortless Cowl

I went to Michael's to browse for more yarn and found some gorgeous Loops and Threads Charisma yarn on sale for half off. Each skein was only $1.25! I had never crocheted with bulky yarn before, so I got a few skeins to try it out. I chose this Effortless Cowl pattern. Based on Ravelry user comments, I chained 130 for the foundation instead of the pattern's recommended 87. I'm glad I did this, since it's just long enough to loop twice around my neck. 87 chains would have been far too short.


Overall, I decided that bulky yarn is sometimes difficult to work with. However, the difficulty could be due to the pattern - half double crochet (hdc) stitches can be tricky with the best yarn. The yarn itself is incredibly soft and a much nicer color than the photo represents. 

Time on this project: 4 hours, 10 minutes
Time total: 71 hours, 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment